Sunday, January 11, 2009

WWII Base making

Back on track with my British Platoon, I had an idea to make their bases a little more interesting. So much so in fact, I thought I would share it with the world. As i built up the layers of Milliput around the feet of the figure I thought it would be good to put a few vehicle tracks in them to add detail and variety.
This was very easy to do as I just pressed a tank track into the putty while it was still drying. Fool proof. After I had done one and liked it, I thought I would dig out other vehicles and try them. To my delight the Corgi range of trucks and transports had excellent detailing on their wheels and so they too were in printed across the base. I am very pleased with the results and I think it really adds something to the base.

No comments: