Sunday, February 26, 2012

Judean Slingers.




These figures are a mixture of Foundry and Warlord Games (Roman/Greek Slingers).








I bought the Warlord Games ones from eBay a while ago, they had quite a thick layer of Army Painter on them. I managed to turn this to an advantage and make the 'gunked' hair into turbans. As the AP had taken away of the hair detail, they could be painted white and become very effective turbans. Thus giving these Greek Slingers a more Eastern look.








I didn't give the unit a standard or musician, but instead gave the commander a shielded bodyguard to make him stand from the rest. It instantly made him look more important than the others.






I also gave the base some piles of stones so these guys looked like they had plenty of ammo for the on coming fight.


5 comments:

BigRedBat said...

Very nice- good to see you back on teh ancients! I've been having a break but expect to hit the ROmans again, in April.

Cheers, Simon

Phil said...

I love them, they look great!

Michael Awdry said...

Oh I like these! Great idea with the shielded bodyguard; works well.

Ben Gilmour said...

Are they the Judean Peoples' Liberation Front or the Peoples' Liberation Front of Judea?

Lovely painting and basing!

Rodger said...

Excellent! Really nice painting andf basing.